The Craft 2020

     I had almost forgotten that this was going to be a thing til a friend of mine sent me the link to the trailer today:


I'm not a die-hard fan of the original Craft movie, although I did enjoy it - so I don't share the full-on animosity some folks are showing toward this reboot? Sequel? Whatever it is. I'll definitely watch it at some point.

My impressions from the trailer: 
  • Ugh, that CGI glitter "magic" effect is corny as hell and needs to go. I'm not even opposed to glitter or glitter special FX, but this is just bad. I've seen more realistic Instagram filters.
  • The original seems like it will be the darker of the two. I can't imagine this one having anywhere near the edge of the 1996 film. 
I'm gonna hold off on any more opinions til I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment