Essential Halloween listening - Doomed on SomaFM

It's almost time.

If you've been a fan of internet radio for awhile, you may have heard of SomaFM, one of the best commercial free TOTALLY free stations online since they started in 2000. They have a genre for pretty much everybody - even those of us who like our music dark, creepy, and uncomfortable to listen to (looking at you, Throbbing Gristle's "Hamburger Lady") --

-- and for us, that station is called DOOMED.

    It used to run 24/7/365, but alas, a few years ago it got switched to being only seasonal. I think they only keep it going for the couple dozen die-hards. It seems as though it's not really updated much anymore, I don't recall the last time they played a song I hadn't heard at least 17 dozen times before. Still, the selection is large and excellently curated. I have been introduced to many musical artists via DOOMED. I used to start listening to it right around this time of year and through to the High Holiday; it became a critical part of the mood I seek during the dark half of the year.


    DOOMED season begins in October - we're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment