Favorite childhood books - Something Queer at the Haunted School

    It's Throwback Thursday, so I'm sharing another of my favorite Halloween-themed kids' books:
Something Queer at the Haunted School by Elizabeth Levy, illustrated by Mordicai Gerstein, published around 1982.


    Apparently there is a series of books called Something Queer is Going On about BFFs Jill and Gwen & Jill's dog Fletcher, but this was the only one I ever had; I probably got it through my school's Scholastic books program. I must have read it a zillion times when I was a young Halloweenie. My copy is still in great shape in spite of this, although yellowed with time, which I suppose can't really be helped.


    The illustrations by Gerstein are incredible. Levy and Gerstein have collaborated on other books in this series, and on other junior horror/Halloween titles (one of which I'll be blogging about in the near future), and they make a fantastic team. Find a copy of this somewhere for your Halloween collection!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment