Now watching: Cat People (1982)

     My 80s horror themed movie season continues with Cat People, starring Nastassja Kinski and Malcolm McDowell. 


    It's a stylistic, sensual slow-burn type of film, more like a drama/thriller than a straight-up horror film, in my opinion. You might want to skip this one if you're sensitive to animals being mistreated, however.     

    Regardless of your opinion of this film, I think we can all agree that the best thing about it is the soundtrack, esp. the eponymous song by David Bowie.

 
    
    The score itself, by Giorgio Moroder is fantastic too. It's easy to see the influence that soundtracks like this have had on contemporary synthwave music. 


I rate it about 6 skulls out of 10. I enjoyed it while I watched it, it kept my interest, but probably wouldn't feel a burning need to see it again. 
[💀💀💀💀💀💀_ _ _ _]

No comments:

Post a Comment