You Can't Do That on Halloween

I was feeling a little down last night and decided to comfort myself by watching Halloween stuff on Youtube. I searched for "Halloween special" just to see what might be out there and unexpectedly found this - a HALLOWEEN EPISODE of one of my all-time favorites TV shows ever: You Can't Do That on Television, a sketch comedy show for kids/teens. There's so much of it that they could never get away with now for a kid's show, it's really got some pretty dark humor in it that I didn't fully realize when I was younger.


I didn't have cable growing up, so the only time I got to watch this show was when I visited my dad & grandma, if it happened to be on while I was visiting. I was pretty obsessed with it in the late 80s/early 90s and watched all the reruns on during that time. My sense of humor was heavily influenced by YCDToT. 

For a long time I couldn't find video of it online anywhere and it doesn't appear to be available on DVD -- so when I found this clip, which lead to others, I fucking FREAKED OUT. It made my night to find this and honestly it's just as funny as it ever was. So glad I found this, it's now got a prominent place on my Favorite Halloween Specials list.

No comments:

Post a Comment