Pumpkin scarecrow puppet

Found this guy again last night while taking out some Halloween stuff - a jack o'lantern scarecrow puppet guy. 

Under his robe, he's held up by a plastic stick with 2 levers to press which extend his arms with the long, spindly fingertips.


His face reminds me a lot of Pumpkinrot's jack o'lantern designs but I feel like this predates Rot's work. I *definitely* had this guy before hearing of Pumpkinrot's site because the first time I saw Rot's pumpkin sentinels I immediately thought of this puppet. I wondered for a long time if there was a connection, especially since I found out that Rot had licensed some of his designs in the past. Could just be a coincidence.

I'm can't remember exactly how/where I acquired him. I thought he still had a tag on him, but I was mistaken. I can't remember much about him other than that I'm pretty sure I purchased him at a Media Play in Enfield in the mid to late 90s. I could be wrong about Media Play but I'm pretty solidly sure I did get him in the late 90s. He has no discernable marks or emblems with any sort of company name or date. Anyone recognize him?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment