Freddy update - Haunted or not?

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you might remember my post from about a month ago, when the pumpkin man scarecrow I purchased on Ebay, supposedly haunted and affectionately named Freddy by the seller, was delivered to my home. I displayed him in my bedroom and he seems to have been content here. Despite what the Ebay listing said about him being potentially possessed, I didn't sense anything scary or creepy about him at all. 


For weeks, things have been quiet. I hadn't noticed anything untoward. He hasn't moved done or anything else to suggest he might be haunted. However... Another jack o'lantern in my closet, close to where Freddy is standing, has moved -- see the picture below. This one hasn't been set up for Halloween yet, he's just been sitting on the shelf in my closet -- and had been facing straight forward. His face suddenly was turned a bit to my left (toward Freddy's direction, I should add). There's nothing in there that could have moved him. I just found him like that one morning. Weird...


A few other possibly unrelated, but mildly unnerving & harmless things have happened -- involving objects that seem to spontaneously fall down. One evening, fairly late at night, I was up making myself a cup of herbal tea when I heard a loud crash in my immediate vicinity! It was loud enough to really startle me. I looked all around and I couldn't figure out what had fallen. I went into every room to check for anything out of place. My partner and the dogs were asleep, so I knew it wasn't them, and the noise didn't come from that room. I finally found out it was just a bottle of Febreze that had been on top of our refrigerator, that had somehow fallen off and right into our trash can. Since that night, a few other similar incidents happened, too, but nothing super serious, and ambiguous enough that I can't really blame Freddy for the disturbances.

And then -- a few nights ago, during the wee hours of the early morning, I had a vivid dream that I felt compelled to write down. In it, I was talking to an elderly grandmother-type woman, but she wasn't my grandma or the relation of anyone else I knew -- she was someone I had never seen before. I decided to share the details of this dream with the person who sold Freddy to me: 

Hello! I am the buyer of Freddy the scarecrow. I have a semi-strange question to ask -- You mentioned he was haunted. Was that just a story to help sell him, or is all that true? (I'm not mad if it was just a story, I really like him and would have bought him anyway).

I'm asking because I recently had a very vivid dream about someone's grandma, someone who isn't familiar to me among my friends and family. In the dream I was sitting and chatting with an elderly lady who was friendly and talkative, outgoing and had a good sense of humor, & very witty. I knew she was someone's grandmother. She seemed feisty and energetic. She was kind of thin and wiry but not weak. She had short curly grey hair and glasses. She talked about being Italian too, and about how everyone loved her cooking. She then spoke to me about my grandmother (who passed on about a decade ago); this lady spoke about meeting my grandma, and then asked what she was like & how my grandma and I got along. I then realized I was dreaming, and was talking to someone who was in the afterlife.

It didn't occur to me til a couple days after my dream that Freddy was once beloved by a grandma, so it made me wonder. He's on display in my bedroom so I was wondering if maybe there was some connection to my dream. He doesn't seem scary to me at all, although in the past week or so, random things seem to be falling off of shelves, etc.

Apologies if this seems crazy! I really do like Freddy a lot even if it turns out he isn't haunted, and if my dream was just a dream. Thanks for reading!

To my surprise, the seller wrote back almost immediately, and I'm semi-floored with the response (I hid some of the details to protect their privacy):

With only slight embellishments the story is indeed true. My grandma’s name was R***. She was feisty and funny. Although she was a true red head and petite. My grandfather was full blooded Italian...

Sounds like Freddy likes his new home. And I’m sure R*** is very happy about this. She was so sweet.

Bye the way, she was a wonderful cook and it brought our whole family together for many years!!! 😊

Best wishes

. . . . . . . 


Now, maybe this is all a coincidence, maybe it was all just a dream, but it's Halloween season and I wanna believe! I'll definitely be posting more Freddy incidents if they happen... 🎃🎃🎃



 

No comments:

Post a Comment