Rare Halloween music gems: Scribbletronics - "Old Octobers Disinterred"

    A few years ago, I was introduced to an obscure recording artist called Scribbletronics and their incredible recording, Old Octobers Disinterred (probably via Doomed on SomaFM, if memory serves).

    I was so hooked by the couple of tracks I'd heard that I bought the digital album immediately. The entire thing is excellent, a hypnotic collection of atmospheric pieces combining ambient music selections and audio samples -- a perfect evocative tribute to the Halloween. 

    Sadly, for the time being it seems to be unavailable in any format. The artist has temporarily taken it down from his website, where he used to sell the digital version via CDBaby. I wrote to him to inquire about it, and I hope he is able to find another marketplace for it soon; it's not even available on Amazon or Spotify right now. 

    The most I can find at the moment is this YouTube link to the track "Pendulum," embedded below, based on Edgar Allan Poe's "The Pit and the Pendulum". Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment