Farmers Market vibes

Memories from last year's Lughnasadh visit to a local farmer's market.

    Seeing the first waves of summer apples - lots of Ginger Golds and Paula Reds - makes me ridiculously happy. Sadly, not a lot of U-Pick apple places near me, despite Washington being a major apple producer. They exist, but it'd be a couple hours drive one way; most of them are huge farms north and east of the Seattle/Tacoma area. When I still lived in Connecticut, our local farm was just a drive across town, and there were lots of others within short driving distance.


    I couldn't leave here without a mini bag of freshly-made mini cinnamon-sugar doughnuts. 

    
    The final haul - peaches, plums, corn, gruyere cheese bread, the most AMAZING blackberries I've ever had, and - 
    PUMPKIN SPICE WHIPPED HONEY from my favorite local honey producer.


    This added to softened butter on fresh bread is absolutely amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment