A busy October - Part 1

Last year, I was able to post just about every day, since, y'know, Covid. I didn't have anywhere to be (I work from home), and only went out occasionally. I didn't really have many autumn/Halloween plans.

This year's obviously different, and while it's not exactly back to normal (and what does "normal" even mean, anyway?), I've been pretty damned busy. This trip to Connecticut has been a whirlwind. Which is both good and not-so-good.

The not-so-good things were mainly tech issues, schedule conflicts, work miscommunications, and generally not enough time to do everything I wanted to do. I feel like I barely got to do anything despite being here for over 3 weeks. 

But the stuff I did get to do has been great. 

I got to spend the day in New Bedford & Fall River, MA where I toured the Whaling Museum and experienced a haunted house called the Factory of Terror

I had brunch with my Mom a couple of times.

I went for a few walks at some of my favorite spots.
 
Got to spend some quality time with one of my favorite beings.
 
Went to Spirit Halloween and Party City with my BFF

 Went to The Big E, for like, 5 minutes.
 
Went to a fantastic immersive theater experience, where Beetlejuice was our tour guide.

Celebrated my birthday with a hot buttered lobster roll and a visit to a local autumn craft fair. 


 
Saw about a zillion jack o'lanterns.
 
Put up some Halloween decorations.
 
Went to a local winery with some friends & fam.
 
Met a friend's new kitty.

Danced at my baby brother's wedding.
 
Drove around with the BFF to look at Halloween lights.
 
I leave Connecticut today to return to Washington state, where I will resume my October adventures. See you on the other side!

9 comments:

  1. I love seeing such a fulfilled October! I too have had a busy Halloween season, but I'll take that over last year's rather... "lackluster" execution...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I *am* glad that last year motivated me to create my blog though, it's been a gratifying project.

      Delete
  2. Seems like you packed quite a lot into the time you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, yes I did do quite a bit! My list of stuff to do was just wicked ambitious I guess, haha!

      Delete
  3. Was the Beetlejuice thing in MA? I live there but more up towards Salem.

    Thanks for being part of the Countdown this year!

    Your Countdown co-host, Dex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beetlejuice event was in Hartford, CT. Do you go to Salem a lot? I haven't been since 2014!

      Delete
    2. I've been every year since '98, except for last year. I'm about a 15 min drive so it's pretty easy :)

      Delete
    3. Right on! Next time I go, I might ask you for some recommendations since I haven't been in years, and a lot of my old favorite spots are gone now.

      Delete
    4. Please do! Happy to help out

      Delete