Weekend Halloweenie vibes in Seattle

Spent some time in Seattle (and surrounding towns) over the weekend. We live about 40 mins away, so it's an easy trip to grab dinner or spend time exploring. My spooky senses are on full alert this time of year, and I spotted these great skull stickers.

The orange one had to be inspired by the iconic skull seen in the classic film The Burning (1981):

(click above for a clip from the film; if you haven't seen it, watch it!)  
 

When I left for my brief trip to the east coast halfway thru August, it was still summer here. When I returned just about 10 days later, it already felt like fall. The leaves are beginning to change, reds and shades of orange peeking through.

Halloween retail seems to be lagging behind a little, though. This is one of the first Spirit Halloweens I've seen. This was a costume-only location though (Auburn, WA), so we didn't bother going in.

(All photos by Petrichor & Pumpkins 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment