Wayback Wednesday: Salem, MA 1998

I recently unearthed some pages of a water-damaged photo album that contained a bunch of old photos I had taken on a weekend trip to Salem in October of 1998.

The Salem Witch Museum, one of the most iconic buildings in the city.
The (in)famous Bunghole Liquors shop, Derby St.
 
Artemisia Botanicals, a spiritual and apothecary shop, at its old location at Pickering Wharf.

Salem Tea Room, Pickering Wharf. I'm pretty sure this spot is long gone now, not sure what resides at this address currently.
 
(All Photos by Petrichor & Pumpkins 1998)

4 comments:

  1. We spent a weekend towards the end of October in Salem way back in 2003 and just loved it. We managed to spend part of a day there again in September 2014 after tacking on a couple extra days in the area after a business trip to Boston. Got to meet Salem's Vampire Steve on that trip. It's a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is! So much has changed over the years, and sadly there are a bunch of places I loved that are gone now, but hopefully new places and new memories still lie ahead! I think the last time I went was in 2014, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME post, and amazing photos!!! Wow. I'm glad to see that Salem was pretty much the same way back then. Love that town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss it too!! I look forward to going back someday!

      Delete