Halloween sticker stash, part 1

I was rummaging around in one of my desk drawers today and found some Halloween stickers that I totally forgot about. Some I've had for a long time and can't even remember where I bought them initially! Check out some of these gems:

These two designs are both by the same manufacturer and I probably acquired them around the same time (though I have no idea when). They're made of a hard rigid plastic and thicker than your average sticker. No date on these, and the website listed on the back is a dead end.


 
Next up: These jacko stickers by Hallmark. If I had to guess, I'd say I got these sometime in the mid to late 90s, judging from the price tag on the back. The Big Party! was a chain established in New England around 1995 and filed for bankruptcy about 5 years later, and was bought out by another chain called iParty, which was eventually consumed by Party City.
Check out that massive discounted price, too, woooooo  

Next up: These great glittery foil ones by American Greetings, and altho I don't see a date on them or any other clues to their age, I don't think they are very old. I probably got these at a Target.


Next: These fantastically illustrated jackos by a company called Tattoo King. It's a little hard to see from the scan, but these have a light dusting of iridescent glitter accenting the design. The back bar code sticker says these were made in 2018, so another recently purchase. I can't remember where I got these, but I'm glad I did.

 
Next: This set of truly vintage stickers - printed around 1984, with a design nod to even older vintage Halloween aesthetics. These are fantastic and I love these illustrations. Classic Halloween in every sense.
 
These were made by the B. Shackman Company, which according to their (inactive) Facebook page was established in 1898:
"Manufacturer and wholesaler of vintage-inspired European- and American-made fine paper goods. Established in 1898.
Since 1898 B. Shackman Company has been manufacturing and importing unique gift items. Many remember our famous store in lower Manhattan in New York City.
Now we primarily supply our items at wholesale for other stores and gift shops to stock, but you can also buy our wonderful products direct online around the world! Please contact us for information on how to get your Shackman products."
Sadly, their website is a dead end and they haven't posted on Facebook since January 2018. 
Here's a scan of one of their neat old catalogs from about a century ago, from archive.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment