Valloween weekend: Ernest Scared Stupid

It's Valloween weekend! Last Thursday was a snowy day here in western Washington state, so my partner & I felt like having a Throwback Thursday 80s/90s kid nostalgia night for ourselves, with fish sticks & curly fries for dinner and a classic Ernest movie: Ernest Scared Stupid.


Confession time: I had never seen this movie before last night. 

I grew up in a family that loved all the Ernest movies, the Ernest TV show, etc. - but somehow, I only managed to see Ernest Goes to Camp and Ernest Saves Christmas.

"I'll send 'em a nice card!" 😂😂😂


Eartha Kitt as Francis "Old Lady" Hackmore was absolutely amazing & over the top in the best way possible. She was so immersed in that role that I didn't even know it was her at first - mind=blown. How the hell did they get someone like her to be in an Ernest movie??


"Oooh, Charades? I love Charades!"


And, just in time for Valentine's Day - "Does that include the giant album with every troll love song ever written?"

Neb's rating: 9/10 jackos
[ 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃_ ] 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! As a fellow Ernest fan, I want to keep you in the loop on this project as it moves forward. You'll notice a lot of great perks for backers of the campaign, the team did their best to open this project up to the fans so that they can be involved. It's more than halfway to the goal for the documentary, you can track the progress here.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paganomation/beingernestfilm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing, I hope you are able to reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete