New scents for the dark winter months

 Although I kinda have a love-hate relationship with Xmas, there are definitely aspects of it I love unapologetically. One is Xmas lights (no matter how gaudy, tasteful, or anything in between), another is holiday-themed scents. Of course, this means I indulge in candles, soaps, fragrance oils, etc. with my favorite cozy smells. 

Earlier this week I swapped out my autumn-themed soaps for winter ones: Bayberry from Ocean Shores Soapworks (made in Ocean Shores, WA) and Fir Needle from Amy's All Natural (in New Braintree, MA).


I got the bayberry soap shortly after New Year's this year, when my partner & I took a meandering day trip out to the coastal areas of WA. The soaps at Ocean Shores Soapworks are a bit pricy, but they did have discounts on buying multiple bars and a freebie if you spent a certain amount. The bayberry bar was my choice, and I'd been looking forward to using it all year. It's very fragrant and lathers fantastically!

I purchased the Fir Needle bar from Amy's All Natural a couple months ago when ordering my annual Harvest Bar soaps. As with her other soaps, this one is SUPER creamy and lathery, with a soft pine scent enhanced with little specks of real peppermint leaves.

I highly recommend both soaps, and both companies have online stores. This year, I think it's more important than ever to support small business, so give them a try! I've linked to their shops above.



No comments:

Post a Comment